Am I too out of shape to do CrossFit? What if I can’t do all the movements?
- No! It is a common misconception that you should already be in good shape to do CrossFit. When actually you should start doing CrossFit to get in good shape! Most people are starting from scratch on their first day and that is ok! CrossFit works on everyone, from beginner to advanced athletes.
- You’re not supposed to walk in on your first day and know how to do all of the movements! That’s why we offer Foundations classes for all athletes new to CrossFit. These 4 classes teach you the most commonly used movements so that you are able to join in on regular CrossFit workouts with a basic understanding of what to do and how to do it. Your coach will help you every step of the way. (sign up for Foundations of CrossFit classes here)
Woman: “Will CrossFit make me big?”
- If by “big” you mean strong, fit, lean and healthy, then the answer is yes. Here at BSCF we believe exercise is not about getting skinny, it is about being healthy and fit so that we can always be able to do the things we love to do - whether it’s play sports or get on the floor and play with our children and grandchildren. It’s time for women to admonish the image of what society has told them they should look like, and begin to redefine what beauty should look like and be. Yes, strong is truly the new skinny!
How often should I come in order to see results?
- CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that always varies. It is best to come several days a week in order to get a good variety of programming. We recommend athletes come no less than twice a week and ideally 3+ times a week. The bottom line is if you keep coming back you will see results.
Is CrossFit dangerous?
- No, CrossFit is not dangerous. Any sport or activity can be dangerous if not done correctly or safely. At BSCF we take safety seriously and always put it first. Our coaches take all the necessary measures to do our part in keeping members safe and healthy so they can keep coming back!
Why is CrossFit more expensive than other gyms?
- Our athletes are receiving thoughtfully programmed training from experienced coaches who are invested in every single member’s progress and growth. Our success is measured by your success! We use only top quality training equipment, like Rogue. At BSCF we are 100% committed to our athletes. We keep our class sizes small in order to ensure that each athlete receives the individualized attention he/she deserves. We care about you and follow your progress like no other commercial gym can or will. Give it a try and you will see the difference.
Can I bring my kids to the box?
- Childcare is provided for our 9:00 am and bootcamp classes. We understand that situations might arise when you need to bring your child to the box to get your WOD in. This is fine as long as the following conditions are met:
- Your child is old enough and responsible enough to stay in the designated kids room.
- Your child is old enough to use the bathroom on his/her own.
- Your child understands they should not interrupt class unless there is an emergency.
- Your child does not touch or play with gym equipment.
- Your child leaves the kids room as he/she found it.
- Understand that these guidelines are in place in order to ensure the safety of the children and our members. Please discuss these rules with your child prior to bringing them to the box. If your child is unable or unwilling to follow these guidelines then we ask that you either make use of our childcare hours or find a different time in your schedule to WOD. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!